Saturday, October 3, 2009

Pretty in Pumpkins


I love to decorate my porch for FALL. Pumpkins, gourds, squash, corn stocks...I love it ALL. I think it has to do with the cold weather and wanting to give each friend who knocks on my door a warm welcome. And nothing says welcome like my front porch!
The family went and picked their favorites at the local pumpkin patch.
Did you notice my Polka-A-Dot Pumpkins? Aren't they pretty? Want to learn? Me too!
First: Wash and Dry your pumpkin. Second: Get some vinyl, have dots in all different sizes made. Third: Stick the dots all over your pumpkin.
Fourth: Get yourself a good can of quality spray paint. I like this brand, Design Master, the gloss is really pretty. Pick any color, in the past I've used brown and white as well as black.
Fifth: In a well ventilated area and using a tarp to protect the ground, Spray your pumpkin(s)!
Aren't they pretty? Make sure you let the pumpkin dry completely before moving. It only takes a few minutes.
Sixth: Peel off the dots. Place on your porch and invite all your friends over!

Linking up!:

homework

Blue Crocket Designs
Tidy Mom
Craft O Maniac

12 comments:

Shelby said...

Pam--I would rip out and re-design my front entrance to include a porch if you would promise to decorate it each month for me :) Yours is beautiful!

PDOTTreats said...

Love the pumpkins and gourds. Wish I had a front porch too.

Fahrenheit 350° said...

I've been spying these, so just so you know... if you find them missing - don't come looking on my front porch!

Camille said...

What a cute idea - so much better (easier) than cutting holes in the pumpkins!!

SewCalGal said...

Cute idea for creating decorative pumpkins. Your home entrance certainly looks festive. Can you come decorate mine?

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

Great ideas! And CONGRATULATIONS for getting featured on One Pretty Thing!!! You're my hero. :D

Molly Betsy @ Star Cottage said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Molly Betsy @ Star Cottage said...

What awesome ideas!

Unknown said...

Cute idea! I've been looking for some fall decor ideas. Thanks for the inspiration!

Carolyn said...

Love, love, love them! I would be thrilled if you shared this project on my Inspiration Board {link party}. I know my readers would really enjoy it.
http://carolynshomework.blogspot.com/2011/09/inspiration-board-link-party-15.html
Thanks for the inspiration.
carolyn | homework

jess@balancing the dream said...

incredibly cute!!! I may just steal this idea!! :)

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

Hi, I'm your newest follower.. LOVE polka dots so the polka dot pumpkin idea is REALLY appealing to me. How fun. Found you via Polly Want a Crafter? Nice to meet you.
xo
Kelli

Blog Widget by LinkWithin