Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Tom and Lucy Quilt

Remember last week when I started the Tom and Lucy Quilt? We'll I've finished the top and back today and am sending it off to the quilter. Funny how you think piecing a back is only going to take the morning and then it turns into all afternoon too!

I used the tutorial from Red Pepper Quilts and it couldn't have gone smoother. I did add my own border and it makes the center rectangle floated...haven't quite decided how I feel about that. I do know I am going to do a black binding, which I hope will help ground the border. Happy Tuesday Everyone!

10 comments:

Jenny said...

v cool. using dark color really gives it a whole new feel. like this a lot!

Fahrenheit 350° said...

Seriously? You aren't going to raffle this off?

Ella said...

Very nice! I like this one! Can't wait to quilt it!

Ella said...

If you keep doing this you are going to have to go shopping for more PINK!!! He He!!!! ;)

Kelly O. said...

It's fabulous! the border will grow on you once you have the binding on I'm sure ;)

Thimbleanna said...

Oooh, how pretty! It's so fun to see a dark version in contrast to Red Pepper's white!

Sashafras said...

Very pretty!

Amy said...

That's a great quilt. I can't wait to see it quilted!

Camille said...

Wow - I love the color constrast - and the shapes. It it stunning to look at! Nice work!

brandon and jakell said...

wow so much work, loos beautiful!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin