Friday, July 22, 2011

Ride UTA ~ Field Trip Friday


Last Friday, my boys and I we had the oppotunity to ride UTA (Utah Transportation Authority) brand new rail line from History Gardner Village to Daybreak. Growing Up in Oregon I waa always riding the pubic rail sytem, with Oregon's freeways and insane Traffic as a teenage, riding MAX (that is what its called in Oregon) was a great way to get from point A (my house) to point B (downtown Portland). It was safe and inexpensive.

When UTA came up with the concept of letting bloggers and their families ride and try/test out the new rail line, I couldn't resist. I don't know about you, but Me and My Three Boys in the Car ~ can get a little CrAzy!! The rail line was like a breath of fresh air. No seat belts or car seats, lots scenery and room to move. My two older boys happily boarded the train, picked their seats and chatted about the scenery.
The train is pretty, clean and smooth. The stops along the way are are all convient and have easy access on and off. The Gardner Village stop is awesome, right accross the street from Archibald's. I can tell already that is going to be a busy stop. Our last stop was on the backside of Daybreak ~ which isn't super close to the Daybreak shops or where my friends live, but if I asked I'm sure they would come and pick me up!!

GiVeAwAy!! Want to try and new rail yourself! It opens August 8th to the public. Leave a comment here (on this post) and you'll be entered to win a family 4 pass to ride the train. Giveaway ends one week from today: July 30th at midnight. Good Luck!
post signature

3 comments:

Ella said...

Looks like a Fun ride!!!

terbear287 said...

I want to go. Pick me! This would be fun for me and my daughter. We could ride to daybreak and see a movie!

Brenda H said...

I would love to win this. My sister and I have talked about bringing her three children onto the FrontRunner and going into SLC

brensweepstakes at aol.com

Blog Widget by LinkWithin