Friday, July 3, 2009

4th of July Biscuits

Buttermilk Baking Powder Biscuits:
2 cups of flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
6 tablespoons of shortening
3/4 buttermilk

Shift: flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder. Add shortening and mix til crumbly with a fork. Add buttermilk and mix until dough forms into a soft ball.


Since it is the 4th of July I cut my biscuits out in stars! Form dough into a round ball the size of your cookie cutter and cut. Place on glass pan and cook for 8-10 minutes at 400 degrees.


Add butter and your favorite homemade jam. Enjoy, Happy Fourth of July!

2 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Yummy! Happy 4th of July to you too!

Unknown said...

I am thinking what a cute idea this would be for a v-day lunch/dinner for the hubbs and my girly! I would have never thought of this, and it is simple enough that I will totally do it!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin