Monday, November 2, 2009

Tom and Lucy's Art Shoppe

I own a boutique called Tom and Lucy's Art Shoppe, I started it with my friend Marie ~ she has the Lucy and I have the Tom. It is a three day event where local handmade vendors come and sell their designs. I love it! The whole process is extremely rewarding and in the end I get to sell my designs (more on that later) too!

Each Art Shoppe I make a quilt. It is a way for me to have a crafty remembrance of the event. But it didn't start out that way: the first quilt I made for the Art Shoppe I raffled off. I made it pink and black with a simple square design (picture below). Although people oohed and ahhed I didn't sell many tickets. My Mom won the quilt (she bought alot of tickets!) and I am soooo glad she did, because I love to visit her and still get to see it!! After that I decided to not sell or raffle the quilt(s) away, but keep them and hopefully in 20 years I have 20 quilts to show for it.

Every time the Art Shoppe rolls around I have an internal debate on the design of the Art Shoppe quilt. I already know my colors, I am just looking for a great design. Last week I found it, while visiting one of my favorite quilt blogs: Red Pepper Quilts I flipped over her Piece Scrap Border Quilt. I knew it was the perfect quilt when I saw it.

So presently I am working on the quilt. Updates very soon on progress. Below are the two previous Art Shoppe Quilts.


Spring 09 Quilt


Fall 08 Quilt

5 comments:

Camille said...

That is a lot of work to put into those beautiful quilts just to give them away! I think you're smart in keeping them :)
P.S I'm TOTALLY coming to the Art Shoppe! I'm always up to marvelling at talents of other people!

Ella said...

Hey Miss Pammy, I love the new pattern you are using!! I am putting that one on my want to make list!! Its getting longer and longer.

Thimbleanna said...

I can't wait to see your new quilt Pamela -- your previous ones are great! I hope you and your family are all feeling better now!

Fahrenheit 350° said...

I bought a lot of tickets too! and I'm still very upset I didn't win it!

Donna Layton said...

This quilt is gorgeous and I'm glad your mom has it. I think keeping them from now on is right:)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin