Monday, November 7, 2011

Improv Quilt Finished

I've got some mixed emotions about this quilt. Once I had my 4 improv blocks I started going through my stash for borders. I came across this pink and green gem (it is from way back in 2004 from P & B Textiles) I only had a single solitary yard, and sometimes I think "I've only got a yard, I can make it work" WRONG! I pieced this whole quilt knowing I only had 1 yard to work with for my final border. Note: see the bottom right corner, AHH YES, that is me piecing the final 6" with scraps.

Plus, I forgot that to make my left border thinner than the other three. Long story.... I won't go into but, it should be smaller than the other 3 sides. I still need to fix that, but I think I'll wait until I'm not so emotionally attached. So, long story short, I thought this quilt was going to turn out one way and and thru the frustrating process of thinking 1 yard can magically stretch itself into 1 1/2 yards its finished.

All that funny business aside...I love this quilt. It turned out new and fresh and not like anything else I've done other than its pink!  I currently have three quilts tops all finished. I don't think I've ever had that many done at one time!

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced


Lucy | Charm About You said...

It's absolutely gorgeous!! Like a big window! I love the improv and the borders look great :)
Now you better get basting some of those tops!!

Emily Herrick said...

OH EM GEE!!!! I totally LOVE this! Makes me want to un-pack super quick so I can finish my improv-blocks. LOVE IT!!!

Alli said...

Very nice! The bottom right corner is awesome and hilarious! :D

Linda B said...

I am very enjoyed for this blog. Its specific Blog topic. thank you for sharing
End of Lease Cleaning

Angela Schofield said...

Share great information about your blog , That’s what I was looking for. I am talking about all topics bundled in this blog. Blog really helpful for me. Thanks for share your blog here.

carpet steam cleaning Sydney
End of lease cleaning

Blog Widget by LinkWithin