Monday, December 5, 2011

Handmade Holiday Swap



Before Turkey Day I signed up to be apart of Susan and Kersey's "Holiday Gift Swap"  I thought it was a great idea and I super way to get some exception handmade gifts crossed off my list. I wasn't sure what I wanted to make but I knew it would involve fabric, quilting and something use-able. The day before I was suppose to send my "gifts" in the mail... I finally settle on an idea: drink coasters and as quick as I had decided I changed my mind again: table runner.

I was put into a group with 6 other artists and just going off our #'s there was at least 178 participates. Pretty cool! I was #8 so I don't know if I signed up really early or they went alphabetically. I know I am late sending my gifts {Dec. 1st} was the deadline, but luckily I have only received one "gift" {thanks Joy} so maybe because of the holidays were all a little late, right?

These beauties are being delivered to the post office today when Mr. H wakes up from his nap.
 I was inspired to make the Trees after Maggie's  table runner from the Retreat. The trees and borders came together really fast, but the binding was a beast. I hate doing bindings. I loved the hand stitching embellishment of the bakers twine. I think it gives a "Christmasy" feel without over dueing it.
 I had enough fabric to make 4 identical runners and 1 I had to use different fabric. I went a little out of my comfort zone and tried to design a runner that was a little more sophisticated and not so cutesy Christmas. I hope the ladies really like them.

Linking up:


post signature

10 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

So pretty Pamela! I'm amazed that you can quilt with bakers twine -- that never occurred to me -- very clever!

Ella said...

If I were one of the lady's I would like them!!! They look Fabulous!!!

Katie said...

CAN'T WAIT! they look AWESOME!

A & E said...

i can't believe the stuff you just come up with! those are beautiful. and i wish i was in the swap. :)

Leslie said...

These are beautiful! Love the inspiration!!!

Heather said...

They're beautiful! I'm sure they'll love them! :o)

Dayna said...

Nice job! You've been working hard! And it brings me satisfaction to know there's someone else out there who hates binding. :-)

Mrs. Langeland said...

Pam, I received my runnner and literally squealed with delight when I opened it. I love it!! You are so talented. You definitely made the swap well worth it. Thank you so much!!

-Joy

Rene' said...

What a pretty table runner!!!! Love the hand stitching.

Linda B said...

I am very enjoyed for this blog. Its specific Blog topic. thank you for sharing
End of Lease Cleaning

Blog Widget by LinkWithin