Friday, March 13, 2009

Loch Lomond Block Exchange

Last Friday I went to my very first block exchange with the Loch Lomond Quilters. It was so fun, I met some amazing quilters the all the quilts were beautiful. These are the lovely blocks I was lucky enough to bring home! Note: a block is missing and that would be mine. I miss cut a few measurements and didn't have enough cream to finish my own block. Luckily, I did have enough for everyone else! Alas, I have to run out and get some more cream to finish my own block.

I am really excited about these blocks, I originally thought what I am going to do? How am I going to use these blocks? We'll Presidents Day has inspired me, I am going to make it a President's Quilt. Each block will represent 12 Presidents: Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln, Roosevelt, Roosevelt, Kennedy, Obama etc. I am going to embroider their signatures on the quilt and add some red, red, red, red. I have really loved venturing out of my comfort zone with color, style, and design while making these blocks, but the then be able to twist these blocks into my own quilting style once again.

10 comments:

erica e said...

oh, i love that idea! it's been fun to have someone new in the exchange.

Fahrenheit 350° said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Fahrenheit 350° said...

But those blocks are gorgeous!

Fahrenheit 350° said...

Out of 44 presidents to choose from, personally I'd skip NObama.

Anna M. said...

I love the idea of a President's quilt...you really are very talented and creative! Can't wait to see it finished! =)

Ella said...

I love that idea! you are too creative.

Kristin said...

It's so fun to have to doing exchanges with us. And thanks for your comments. I didn't use a pattern, just 2" squares in a 25-patch.

babies said...

that looks neat. i like it how different people interpret blue and cream and the effect the different blues make.

my president quilt would be very small, we have only had three so far.

Jodi Nelson said...

Very cool idea! Can't wait to see it all put together. The blocks are fabulous. ooxx`jod

Angela Schofield said...

Share great information about your blog , That’s what I was looking for. I am talking about all topics bundled in this blog. Blog really helpful for me. Thanks for share your blog here.

BBQ cleaning Sydney
End of lease cleaning northern beaches

Blog Widget by LinkWithin