Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Local Quilt Show

Last Wednesday night I went to an end of summer quilt show, put on by American Quilting (LQS) with my friend Ella. American Quilting is a great store with amazing quilts and fabric, if you are ever in Orem, Utah you really have to stop by. {They also have a super sale section}. Hard to believe, but they put on an even better quilt show. The show was in the owners beautiful backyard and they served ice cream sundaes to all the guests. I would say there were about 50 quilts in all. I submitted three quilts, myself. Ella's hexagon quilt was hanging from the roof of the home, in a place of honour, it looked beautiful hanging there.
Here is me with my propeller quilt. Can you see my adorable strawberry bag? Ella made it for me {for my b-day}.
A few more photos of the night.
There was even a quilt with the same propeller block as mine. This quilt was baby size and had a nautical theme. The quilter even put little yo-yos in the center black. I just loved it, perfect for a little boy!
 post signature

3 comments:

Lucy said...

They all look so beautiful hanging there! I particularly love that hexagon quilt, it's divine!
Lucy
xxx
http://charmaboutyou.blogspot.com

Barb said...

Oh....I just loved it, thanks!

Ella said...

I wish there were more of these events, it was very fun!!! I could look at quilts all day!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin