Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Halloween Quilt Part 2

After I finished my first Halloween Diamond quilt and I had a few diamonds left over, so I immediately started in on a second smaller quilt. Mind you this was all last fall, I really wanted to use fabric from my stash, and not purchase anything new, but I was struggling with the border. Ultimately I decided on this tartan check pattern. After sewing it on I was not in love, but like I said, it sat for a whole year.

I have learned that sometimes I just need to let a quilt sit, tucked away for a season to let the fabric settle.

Bringing it out this fall I had a change of heart: I loved how the fabric makes the quilt pop and I love how it is true Halloween orange. Yes there is such a thing as Halloween Orange! (just like Christmas red) even if it is only in my mind. The lines are off and skiwampus which is annoying and I (probably) should have done it on the bias, but taking a risk has it's rewards: I learned that each time I create a quilt it doesn't have to be perfect!

Any Halloween quilts out there? I would love to see them!! Please share.

7 comments:

Karlie said...

Pamela-this is so cute. I love the quilting that you did too, the spider webs are adorable.

Ella said...

I like this one its very cute!!

Thimbleanna said...

Another very pretty quilt Pamela! Do your boys share a room -- will the quilts be displayed together?

Liz said...

I love it.

Fahrenheit 350° said...

Me likey! Actually, this is my favorite of the two!

Unknown said...

That is awesome!!!! I so wish i was that talented!

Rachel said...

I am so glad I found you blog! I love quilting and just posted another baby quilt today! Love the textures and patterns of you quilt.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin