Monday, December 14, 2009

Simple, Sweet Felt Ornaments


With only 11 days before Christmas the Holly Jolly Sisters have another craft and foodie pack week full of great Christmas Ideas. Today and I want to show you a fun homemade ornament ideas using one of my most favorite things: FELT. I adore felt. It just makes me happy and feel right at home.


For several years now I have had "Handmade Felt Ornaments" on my to do list for Christmas and 2009 is finally the year I am getting them done. 10 to be exact! These 10 ornaments will look right at home on my Christmas Tree. For you see, I have very strict guidelines when it comes to my Christmas tree. Let me share:

#1 Our Christmas Tree has to be Real.
#2 Only red, white, black, green and glittery ornaments allowed.
#3 White lights only
#4 The ornaments have to look handmade and/or as vintage"y" as possible.


I have been thinking about these ornaments for some time. I knew I wanted them simple and sweet and I knew I wanted them to be hearts. I took my perfect heart shaped cookie cutter and I made a pattern. Then I cut out my felt hearts. I prefer to use boiled wool as often as I can ~ giving it a very by-gone era feel! I stitched around my heart and embroidered a Christmas word in the middle. Other words I used: Noel, Santa, Peace, Love, Cheer, Hope, Jolly etc.



I added a button for the dot on the "j" and a little felt Christmas Tree. I hot glued some ribbon to the back as a hanger and Viola!!


For more Christmas tree trimming hurry on over to at Kitty's Blog. Check out her amazing Festive Fruit Tree.

7 comments:

Kelly O. said...

that ornament is way cute!

Marie {Make and Takes} said...

I love these hearts. So simple and perfect. I need to come see your tree!

Unknown said...

As a young child I remember we did these kinds of things for our tree. TY for the remembering moment ...

Merry Christmas, TTFN ~Marydon
**NEW BLOG**
blushingrosetoo.blogspot.com

oneordinaryday said...

What a pretty little heart. I love it. I haven't made an ornament like that in a long time but now I want to run out and get some felt. Thanks for the inspiration.

Fahrenheit 350° said...

Your tree is gorgeous - having seen it in person, I have to say! These additions are just perfect!

Camille said...

I love it! very, very cute Pamela!

Rebekah said...

this ornament is so adorable!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin