Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Spudnuts ~ Mid Week Munchies


A couple weekends ago, my husband was out of town and for dinner the boys and I made homemade spudnuts. Since V-day was right around the corner I dug out my heart shaped cookie cutters and made the spudnuts extra festive and added pink frosting.

For the recipe click here:

Read the directions, her notes and the comments section they are all helpful. After making them myself her are my own notes:

{I baked my potatoes}
{I added the eggs with the potatoes and beat them til there was no lumps}
{I halved the recipe, and added 6 1/2 cups of flour and still ended up with over 30 spudnuts}
{After cooking, I placed the spudnuts on a cooling rack with a paper towel underneath to catch any (oil) drips}
{Once you get the temp right, cooking the spudnuts goes really fast, have everything ready before you start}

Enjoy, they are delicious!!!

4 comments:

Barb said...

Looks so yummy!!

Shelby said...

Such a great idea! They're beautifully yummy looking!

West Michigan Quilter said...

I had these when I was a kid. They are wonderful. I was never able to find a recipe. Thanks so much! Can't wait to try them.

Unknown said...

Bam used to make them I love them. I am going to make some thanks Pam

Blog Widget by LinkWithin