Monday, October 24, 2011

Weekend Sewing


Lately, I've been feeling like I quilt (or anything for that matter) on borrowed time. My little one year old keeps me hopping most days and unless he is strapped into a car seat he is into everything. He has also perfected (at 1 yrs. old, mind you) the "flop" of discontent. When he doesn't get his way he "flops" a.k.a goes limp and screams. He's quite good at it.

That being said... I'm not sure how I finished sewing the borders on my 9-patch on point this weekend. Regardless, I am happy to have the borders sewn and moving on to piecing the back and machine quilting.

I wish I had done the triangles on the edge differently. They way I cut them didn't leave me quite enough of a 1/4" seam allowance for the borders. I am pretty mad at myself for that one. I hate my points cut off even in the slightest and some are worst then others.


Isn't he mischievous? What did you get done this weekend? Want to learn more about my Quilt Retreat? Click on "Retreat" at the top of the menu bar on the far right.
post signature

2 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Oooh, I love the black with the pretty, bright colors! But what I really want to know ... did your neighbors think you were nuts taking pictures of your quilt with your baby below it LOL???

Ella said...

Oh I love it!!!! And the quilt is pretty amazing too!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin