Saturday, January 10, 2009

Family Tree Quilt - Finished!!!



Sorry the Family Tree Quilt has taken me so long to post, but here it is finished in all its glory. On Christmas Eve we gave my parents the quilt and they actually got quite emotional about it. I am not sure why I was surprised, because it is my family/parents history and being emotional would make logical sense. I knew they would love it and think it was special, but in terms of crying, I didn't know if that would be the end reaction. Although, my sister Jill and I kinda stole glances and gave each other air high fives we were happy and surprised when they shed a few tears. I think we secretly wanted them to cry!

As a quilter, I felt like making this quilt was a huge lifetime goal accomplished. Check one off in the "do before I die" column. I want to give a big fat thank you to Jeanette who helped me with all the applique work and Ella who machine quilted it for me. I couldn't have done it with out you guys!!! And a extra special thank you to my sisters who were big fans of the idea and helped me (everytime I asked) to quilt it into a reality. A goal like this one is never accomplished alone.

Don't forget you can click on the quilt to enlarge and its details. Thank you to Kimberly at tilt photography for taking the photo of this quilt.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin