Wednesday, June 15, 2011

How to Pick the Perfect Watermelon ~ Mid Week Munchies


With summer upon us and watermelons every where in the grocery stores; I thought I would share my tried and true method for picking the perfect, sweet, juicy watermelon. If your like my house, we love watermelons!! Summer just wouldn't be the same without them, but who wants a yucky, mealy, no-good watermelon.

Tried and True Method: See these little black bits on the scar of the watermelon? Believe it or not...that's sugar. These sugar bits are juice that has made its way out of the watermelon. It tells you the watermelon is sweet and juicy. These sugar bits can also be found on the ends of the watermelon. The more sugar bits the better! I have never picked a watermelon with these sugar bits and EVER been disappointed.

Happy Summer Everyone.

6 comments:

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

So, I've always looked for a watermelon with the brownish stuff around the black spots, never the black spots. No wonder! I will try out your technique.

terbear287 said...

my grocer told me that is the bee stings. The more bee stings the sweeter the fruit. They are just showing us by helping bring the sugar out.

Alia said...

Hi!

I am your follower!
Thanks for sharing this with us! I didn't know this and I loooooove Watermelons!
I love your Blog and I love you for this :).
Keep up the good work!

Do visit my blog too and follow it if you like it!

God Bless!

Alia
http://aliascreativelife.blogspot.com/

BluBabesCreate said...

I just love timely reminders like that.

Chiara said...

I never knew this! I have heard a million different tricks for finding sweet watermelon, but not this. I can't wait to try it! I shared your blog and this post on my Friday Favorites today. I had a couple great watermelon themed ideas I featured for the 4th! Thank you for the great tip!

Unknown said...

Images Retouch Services believes providing high level of service and provides Clipping Path Services and Image processing Services

Blog Widget by LinkWithin