Friday, June 10, 2011

Wasatch Back ~ Ragnar Relay

Next weekend I am running in Utah's very own: Wasatch Back. A 195 mile relay race from Logan, Utah to Park City, Utah. 12 runners run consecutive legs varying in distance and intensity. I am runner 5 and will be running a total distance of 14.6 miles.

I was approached to join the team a few months back and I thought "there is NO way I have a 5 month old", but there was a little voice in the back of my head saying: "You can do it!" "You can do it!". Now my baby is 8 months and is isn't quite so depend on me. My amazing, supportive husband is going to tackle the three kids while I tackle the hills, running at midnight and staying up for 30 + hours.

I know it sounds crazy, but I am really excited!! I know almost all the ladies on our team (we live in the same neighborhood) and they are awesome! Plus, I imagine being together in a van non-stop for 30 hours I'll get to know them all even better!!

Follow me on twitter and I'll keep you posted on my legs of the race and the relay in general.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin