Thursday, July 1, 2010

Summer Quilting



If you were to peek into my craft/quilt room these days you'd see a complete disaster. Fabric, thread, rulers and scraps everywhere. My latest quilt is for little guy number 2. Last summer I bought him an official big boy bed and I had big plans to make a quilt for that bed. We'll......a whole summer later I am finally making it happen.


A few months ago I found this adorable, cartoon-ish crayon drawing of Cowboys and Indians. I fell in love with the pattern and knew it was the perfect fabric to make a quilt for my own little Indian. The Fabric is from Henry Alexander (of course!) and is called "Giddy-Up Cowboy" I love the bright colors and the creamy background.



I decided to make 16-patch blocks (12" by 12")  to go alongside by 12" by 12" cowboy fabric. I picked 24 different brightly colored fabrics ranging from orange and yellow to blue and green to black and red for my 16-patches. I made the blocks 5 across by 6 down and added a fun blue polka-dot strips in between the rows to give it some dimension.


I tend to play it pretty simple with borders but this time, I have added a small 1 1/2" red and white inner border (seen here) and soon to be added a green cactus 2 1/2" second inner border and then my final border 3 borders that is a big deal for me!! fabric TBA. I typically pick most of my fabrics from my stash but I always love to go shopping and pick a final border from the quilt store.

3 comments:

amy smart said...

Pamela- this turned out so cute! I know what you mean about those Alexander Henry fabrics. They are always awesome. Love the wonky log cabin! You are on a roll. And your craft room sounds like mine. :)

Amy said...

SOOO CUTE!! I love the Alexander Henry Fabric. It's so funny you should update today, I was just thinking about you and wondering how close you were to having your baby.

Hope your feeling good!

Molly Betsy @ Star Cottage said...

Fabulous quilt. I love it ;)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin