Thursday, August 25, 2011

Utah Blocks

Last May, my quilt group met together for a block exchange. It was based around the theme of Utah. Each member choose an aspect of Utah they loved, admired and/or had special meaning to them. Themes centralized around various topics: pioneers, farming, outdoor life, Mormonism, family. I was so impressed with each block and the creativity of the ladies in this group.

I choose to embroider a block with a quote from Brigham Young:

"...we will make the desert blossom like a rose"

As usual, I waited until the very last minute to finish my blocks (I was so desperate I even bribed my Mom to help me!).  Here are the 12 quilt blocks I recieved from the group.
Left to Right, Top to Bottom
Snail's Trail
Bugle
LDS Block
Family Tree
L-R T-B
Covered Wagon
Relief Society
Beehive
State of Utah
L-R T-B
Snowflake
Fruit Jars
Green Mountains
Tabernacle Pipes

I'd love to show you my block, but sadly I only finished enough blocks to give to the group members.  I recieved 12 blocks ~ which would finish the quilt without even making my block. But, I don't really want to leave it out. I was considering maybe embroidering my quote into the sashing or borders. I haven't decided just yet, but I really can't make a quilt with 13 blocks. Maybe now that my machine is in the shop, I'll work on the emboridery for this quilt..

Linking up:

post signature

1 comments:

Stuart Spindlow said...

Great post I loved it! Very well written keep up the good work. Please visit https://goo.gl/0fosyO

Blog Widget by LinkWithin