Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Chocolate Lovers

For you chocolate lovers.... here is a delicious, simple cookie reciepe. Enjoy!

1 cup of butter
2 eggs
1 cup of sugar
1 cup of brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup of M&M's for topping
2 tablespoons sugar - for rolling the dough in!

Cream butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla. Add flour, baking soda, and cocoa. Thedough will be very thick and sticky. Form into balls and roll in (2T.) sugar. Add M&M - this is my kids favortie part!

Forgot to add the sugar to this batch!

Aren't they so pretty? Cook at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes. If you don't want to cook all the cookies at once, the dough is really easy to freeze.

Reaping the benefits of hard work!

Since M&M's are made in all colors for every holiday this reciepe can be used throughout the year to sweeten up the holiday season.

9 comments:

noodle and lou said...

Hi Pamela! These cookies look so divine...I'll try them out with my boys! And no...we won't have any left to freeze;)

thanks so much for stopping by my blog!! Happy week to you
xox...jenn

Fahrenheit 350° said...

I'm going to link back to you on this fabulous recipe! As good as those cookies look - they don't look nearly as good as Jack eating them!

Jenny said...

Oh yum!

Pamela said...

no one will be disappointed after they make these cookies. so yummy!

Jodi Nelson said...

Ah! Fabulous! I was just about to pour my Valentine M&M's into a candy jar yesterday, and thought; mmmm. I think I'll find a cookie recipe and put them in. Way cool that you commented on my blog today and now I visited you and you posted this cookie recipe! LOL. ooxx`jodi

*emilie* said...

yumm ! i've done that with smarties, but they really loose a lot of color once in the over, m&m's are a great idea !

Anonymous said...

These sound wonderful! I love using the holiday M&M's for baking, they make anything more festive. And yummy too!

Unknown said...

Really good cookies. I replaced the vanilla with peppermint extract and used mint lentils.

kristenly said...

so happy to find your post. i have a bag of vday m&ms left over from making my daughters bday cake. i know that sounds weird. but i'm happy to find something to do with them! thanks!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin