Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Sugar Cookies

cookie pictures provided by Fahrenheit 350

Sugar Cookie Recipe:

1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 cup softened butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1 egg
2 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cream of tartar


Cream together powered sugar, butter, egg and vanilla. Add flour, tartar and soda mix thoroughly.

Wrap dough in cellophane and refrigerate for 2-3 hours. This will make it easy to roll and cut the dough.

Roll the dough out on a flour surface, about 1/4 inch thick. I like my sugar cookies thick! Use your favorite heart shaped cookie cutter, keep rolling and cutting until all the dough is gone. Cook at 375 degrees for 8 minutes - the cookies should just barely be browning on the sides. You will be sad if they over cook!


After the cookies have completely cooled: frost and decorate.

My little Sis, Kitty, decorated these cookies on her blog. thanks for the pics!

8 comments:

Ella said...

Those look yum!And oh so pretty!

Unknown said...

Where are my cookies?

Marie {Make and Takes} said...

I'm seriously drooling! Those cookie decorations are beautiful. I need Kitty to give me a lesson!

Amy said...

I am making these tomorrow. There was a girl I knew whe had a sugar cookie recipe that had powdered sugar in them that she kept secret, I'll bet these will be just as good.

Jenny said...

have I mentioned before that your blog is one of my favorites?

Lelia said...

Your blog is making me crave a cookie!!! LOL

AnickH said...

Ive used ths recipe several times now cuz it always makes a perfect sugar cookies.only thing i change is i leave out the almond extract because my kids dont like it.everyone always asks me for this recipe. it really is so good. thanks for sharing this

j lynn said...

Can't wait to make these!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin