Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Cupid Quilt

Last Valentine's Day I made this quilt. I was inspired by a pillow on the front of the Jan/Feb 08 Issue of Mary Engelbreit's Home Magazine. A cupid very similar was on the cover! Making a Valentine Quilt and has always been on "my list" and once inspired with the direction to take the quilt the creativity flowed.


The harlequin fabric is from Anna Griffin.

One of my very favorite blocks is the Nine Patch, I just love it!

I got to use all my favorite fabrics in this quilt and my other love, washed wool. The wool was originally white until I washed it with red (wool) to make pink! My dear friend Ella machined quilted it, with a meandering heart stitch.

3 comments:

kellieanne said...

What a cute quilt! I did a Valentines quilt last year with the leftover scraps from the quilt Tammy made. Mine is in no way, shape, or form as beautiful as hers, but it hangs by my back door to celebrate the occasion.

Ella said...

I'm so glad you posted that quilt, I had forgot about that one and you know how I like to look at he fabrics over and over. I love that one!

The Woff Pack said...

This is so inspiring. I have always wanted to learn to quilt. This just makes me want it more. Very cute. Thanks for sharing.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin