Friday, February 6, 2009

Good Luck Friend

Tired of the same old superman and barbie valentine's? This is a takeoff of a thank you gift I got a couple years ago from a neighbor. My boys had alot of fun making these easy valentines to give to classmates at school.


All you need is fortune cookies, chocolate and some fun sprinkles. I buy my fortune cookies at a local chinese store that sells a dozen for 55 cents. Can't beat that!


Microwave your chocolate in a (microsave safe bowl) for about 1-2 minutes; until chocolate is melted.

Dip half of your fortune cookie in the chocolate. This is so easy by boys do this part with no help. Place cookie on tin foil or wax paper to allow chocolate to set; this may take a half an hour or more depending on how warm your house is.

Add a few holiday sprinkles and your finished. Each classmate is getting one chocolate cookie and one plain cookie. We wrapped the cookies in a cello bag with a little note saying: "Your a Good Luck Friend"!

6 comments:

Ella said...

That is a great idea! Where do you find the time.

A & E said...

i need to go make some of these, not b/c maya is in school, but just to eat.

Jenny said...

I had never thought of dipping these in chocolate! What a great idea!

Jodi Nelson said...

What a great idea! I love fortune cookies! ooxx`jodi

Marie {Make and Takes} said...

Okay, I have not been here in WAY too long. These are adorable. I've seen them dipped for Christmas, but love this idea for V-day!

HALLELUJAHS BY HOLLY said...

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing! Featured this on my blog this week! Have a great weekend!

Blessings to you,
Holly
http://hallelujahsbyholly.blogspot.com/2011/02/favorite-things-friday-my-mamas-sugar.html

Blog Widget by LinkWithin