Friday, February 13, 2009

Valentine Marshmallows

Since Valentines falls on a Saturday, there is no excuse to not make a great breakfast for your loved ones!!! I am making aebleskivers (recipe here) and of course hot chocolate. I don't know about you but my boys always want marshmallows, like the very idea of hot chocolate without marshmallows is inconceivable!

I made these yesterday with my three year old (super easy) he loved dipping them in the sprinkles. I also love that the marshmallows are the strawberry kind, which makes them pink! All you need is large marshmallows, candy sticks from Wilton, chocolate chips and sprinkles.

"Stick" your marshmallow into the candy stick. Melt your chocolate, I did about a half of bag of chocolate chips in the microwave for 45 seconds. Then, dip your marshmallow into the chocolate and then into the sprinkles. Place marshmallow sticks on tin foil or wax paper so the chocolate can set.

My boys are going to love having their hot chocolate tomorrow with these Valentine Marshmallows. Don't forget to check back tomorrow I am doing my first giveaway ever!

7 comments:

Amy said...

I love your pictures! My BFF told me about the marshmallows yesterday and I went out and bought everything to make them tomorrow with my son. I have lots of plans for the sugar tomorrow!!

I can't wait for your giveaway...what's it gonna be?????

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Can't wait to try this - chocolate and marshmallows - a winning combination!

Rebekah said...

these look so cute and delicious! Happy Valentine's day

happy zombie said...

What darling marshmallow treats!

Unknown said...

Those are just darling! I know my 4-year old DD would LOVE to do this with me, so we'll have to try it. A friend of mine did something similar with Christmas colored candy melts and sprinkles and sold them for .75 each at a craft fair--she made over a hundred dollars on those alone! A bouquet of them would make a cute little giftie, wouldn't it?

Sarah said...

ooooh! We actually have some pink marshmellows, chocolate and sprinkles. I think we're gonna have to make some too!
Sarah
Vintage Lily
www.vintagelily.typepad.com

Jenny said...

Definitely something I need to try!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin